I just realized that I already had this post ready to go without my fabric pictures, just sitting in "drafts." Lame.
Let's gear up for August's bag…it's the Fringed Hobo Bag. I am still on the fence about the fringe, I am considering piping.
I honestly thought that I would have my bag done by now. I know, it's just August 2nd, but I made July's bag in June sometime.
We will be making the FRINGED HOBO BAG from Chapter 8.
Fabrics for FRINGED HOBO BAG depend on which size bag that you are making, I suggest reading the finished sizes to determine what is best for you.
Here are my fabrics:
We will need some yards of 20" wide FUSIBLE woven interfacing and FUSIBLE FLEECE. The testers in the book used Shape Flex by Pellon SF-101, just make sure that it is fusible and intended for light to mid-weight fabrics. I am in love with SF 101, that stuff is an interfacer's dream!
You can purchase interfacing at your local shop that sells fabric.
Are you new to using interfacing? Kathy Mack at Pink Chalk has a helpful guide to fusible interfacing that you may enjoy.
Style Stitchers, this is what we need to do for August:
- Select/order fabric and notions
- Show us the fabric that you are using on the Flickr group page, if you desire
- Cut out pattern pieces for FRINGED HOBO BAG
- Make bag following instructions from book
- Ask questions if you have any (you may use the discussion board on our Flickr group)
- Look for a sew-a-long?? This bag actually looks easy to construct, doubtful that I do a sew-a-long.
- Take pictures of your FRINGED HOBO BAG and upload them to the FLICKR GROUP. Alternatively, you may e-mail them to me and I will upload them to Flickr.
- Meet back here on 1 SEPTEMBER 2011 for details for the next bag and to see a few of the photo-submitted bags and find out who won gift certificates to this month's sponsors:
- Above All Fabric ($25),
- Fat Quarter Shop ($50).
IF YOU WANT A CHANCE TO WIN A GIFT CERTIFICATE FROM OUR SPONSORS, PLEASE READ!
–FRINGED HOBO BAG pictures must be submitted by 31 AUGUST 2011 to be eligible for the gift certificate drawings. The winners will be randomly selected.
–Once the winners are announced, the first person to respond gets to select the gift certificate that they want. I will give further instructions on the 1 SEPTEMBER 2011 post.
Questions? Comments? Did I forget to mention anything?
**New to the challenge? You can read all of the details on this post & then get sewing!**
Here's a button with the code below: