I'm recovered from no sleep after the holiday and finally ready to do some computing.
We will be making the KEY KEEPER COIN PURSE from Chapter 7.
Fabrics for KEY KEEPER COIN PURSE—
Yardage requirements are very small for this bag, I would just say scraps or fat quarters, even for the interfacing.
Here are my fabrics (scraps from my Teardrop bag:
We will need 1 1/2 yards of 20" wide FUSIBLE woven interfacing. The testers in the book used Shape Flex by Pellon SF-101, just make sure that it is fusible and intended for light to mid-weight fabrics. I am in love with SF 101, that stuff is an interfacer's dream!
1 7" zipper.
You can purchase interfacing at your local shop that sells fabric.
Are you new to using interfacing? Kathy Mack at Pink Chalk has a helpful guide to fusible interfacing that you may enjoy.
Style Stitchers, this is what we need to do for July:
- Select/order fabric and notions
- Show us the fabric that you are using on the Flickr group page, if you desire
- Cut out pattern pieces for KEY KEEPER COIN PURSE
- Make bag following instructions from book
- Ask questions if you have any (you may use the discussion board on our Flickr group)
- Look for a sew-a-long??
- Take pictures of your KEY KEEPER COIN PURSE and upload them to the FLICKR GROUP. Alternatively, you may e-mail them to me and I will upload them to Flickr.
- Meet back here on 1 AUGUST 2011 for details for the next bag and to see a few of the photo-submitted bags and find out who won gift certificates to this month's sponsors:
- Above All Fabric ($25),
- Fat Quarter Shop ($50),
IF YOU WANT A CHANCE TO WIN A GIFT CERTIFICATE FROM OUR SPONSORS, PLEASE READ!
–KEY KEEPER COIN PURSE pictures must be submitted by 31 JULY 2011 to be eligible for the gift certificate drawings. The winners will be randomly selected.
–Once the winners are announced, the first person to respond gets to select the gift certificate that they want. I will give further instructions on the 1 AUGUST 2011 post.
Questions? Comments? Did I forget to mention anything?
**New to the challenge? You can read all of the details on this post & then get sewing!**
Here's a button with the code below: