May day! It's time to get our next project started for the Style Stitches Monthly Bag Challenge 2011!
We will be making the PERFECTLY PLEATED CLUTCH from Chapter 5.
Fabrics for PERFECTLY PLEATED CLUTCH—
Yardage requirements will vary depending on the size clutch that you would like to make. Please refer to the finished sizes to decide what is best for you. I am making the medium clutch.
You will need one print for exterior
1/4 yd of a coordinating solid/print for the exterior bands and handle
5/8 yd of a second print for lining
Here are my fabrics:
We will need up to 1 1/8 yards of 20" wide FUSIBLE woven interfacing. The testers in the book used Shape Flex by Pellon SF-101, just make sure that it is fusible and intended for light to mid-weight fabrics. I am in love with SF 101, that stuff is an interfacer's dream!
1 zipper (refer to book to determine size)
You can purchase the zipper and interfacing at your local shop that sells fabric.
Are you new to using interfacing? Kathy Mack at Pink Chalk has a helpful guide to fusible interfacing that you may enjoy.
Style Stitchers, this is what we need to do for May:
- Select/order fabric and notions
- Show us the fabric that you are using on the Flickr group page, if you desire
- Cut out pattern pieces for PERFECTLY PLEATED CLUTCH
- Make bag following instructions from book
- Ask questions if you have any (you may use the discussion board on our Flickr group)
- Look for a sew-a-long??
- Take pictures of your PERFECTLY PLEATED CLUTCH and upload them to the FLICKR GROUP. Alternatively, you may e-mail them to me and I will upload them to Flickr.
- Meet back here on 1 JUNE 2011 for details for the next bag and to see a few of the photo-submitted bags and find out who won gift certificates to this month's sponsors:
- Above All Fabric ($25),
- Fat Quarter Shop ($50),
IF YOU WANT A CHANCE TO WIN A GIFT CERTIFICATE FROM OUR SPONSORS, PLEASE READ!
–PERFECTLY PLEATED CLUTCH pictures must be submitted by 31 MAY 2011 to be eligible for the gift certificate drawings. The winners will be randomly selected.
–Once the winners are announced, the first person to respond gets to select the gift certificate that they want. I will give further instructions on the 1 JUNE 2011 post.
Questions? Comments? Did I forget to mention anything?
**New to the challenge? You can read all of the details on this post & then get sewing!**
Here's a button with the code below: