Well, today is a new month, it's time to get our next bag started for the Style Stitches Monthly Bag Challenge 2011!
We will be making the REVERSIBLE EVERYDAY SHOPPER from Chapter 2. There is just one size for the bag.
Fabrics for REVERSIBLE EVERYDAY SHOPPER—
We need to have 2 prints for this project, mid-weight 54" wide Home Dec fabrics are suitable.
Exterior print: 3/4 yard
Coordinating print: 1 5/8 yard
If you choose to use 44" wide fabric, you need for the exterior print: 1 1/3 yards and for the coordinating print: 2 yards.
Here are the fabrics that I am using…
I've already cut out my pieces!
We will need 5 1/2 yards of 20" wide FUSIBLE woven interfacing. The testers in the book used Shape Flex by Pellon SF-101, just make sure that it is fusible and intended for light to mid-weight fabrics.
1/4 yard of 44" wide fusible fleece (it is next to the interfacing in stores).
You can purchase interfacing and fusible fleece at your local shop that sells fabric. I recommend buying the interfacing at a shop that has a coupon, as we need many yards. Joann, Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, etc.
Are you new to using interfacing? Kathy Mack at Pink Chalk has a helpful guide to fusible interfacing that you may enjoy.
Style Stitchers, this is what we need to do for February:
- Select/order fabric and notions
- Show us the fabric that you are using on the Flickr group page, if you desire
- Cut out pattern pieces for REVERSIBLE EVERYDAY SHOPPER
- Make bag following instructions from book
- Ask questions if you have any (you may use the discussion board on our Flickr group)
- Look for a sew-a-long around the second week of the month
- Take pictures of your REVERSIBLE EVERYDAY SHOPPER and upload them to the FLICKR GROUP. Alternatively, you may e-mail them to me and I will upload them to Flickr.
- Meet back here on 1 MARCH 2011 for details for the next bag and to see a few of the photo-submitted bags and find out who won gift certificates to this month's sponsors, Above All Fabric ($25) and Fat Quarter Shop ($50).
IF YOU WANT A CHANCE TO WIN A GIFT CERTIFICATE FROM OUR SPONSORS, PLEASE READ!
–REVERSIBLE EVERYDAY SHOPPER pictures must be submitted by 28 FEBRUARY 2011 to be eligible for the gift certificate drawings. The winners will be randomly selected.
–There will be 2 winners this month, once the winners are announced, the first person to respond gets to select the gift certificate that they want. I will give further instructions on the 1 MARCH 2011 post.
Questions? Comments? Did I forget to mention anything?
**New to the challenge? You can read all of the details on this post & then get sewing!**
Here's a button with the code below: